Department of Oral Hygiene
To train, with oral care and preventative healthcare at the core, experts in oral hygiene who are professional, innovative, and team-oriented with a humanistic spirit. And, as such, improve the nation's overall oral health.
Primary Career Paths
- Healthcare Work at Dentistry Office
- Special Care Organizations
- Health Promotion Industry
- Health Policy-related Jobs
- Academic Research
Core Professional Competencies
- Preventative Oral Healthcare: In the process of preventative oral healthcare actions, understanding the types of oral diseases and knowing the difference between a normal oral cavity and a diseased oral cavity. Utilize correct professional knowledge about the oral cavity to devise preventative oral healthcare strategies for patients and teach patients to care for their own oral cavity.
- Oral Health Promotion: Through teamwork, apply basic principles of oral health promotion, and professional knowledge and skills to a diverse array of scenarios and cultures.
- Clinical Oral Care: In the processes of evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention during dental services, be able to understand the various items and treatment processes. Leverage teamwork to perform oral healthcare of patients and the public. Support the dentistry team to achieve the best medical care outcome.
- Innovating Expertise: In this age of rapidly advancing medical technology, oral hygiene expertise is developed through the provision of diverse, interdisciplinary, professional oral hygiene services while improving the oral hygiene and quality of life of patients and the public with the premise of stimulating the display professional skills.
- Community Involvement: Leveraging expert oral hygiene knowledge and skills to assess oral health issues of the people in the community, develop appropriate oral healthcare strategies, conduct interventions with team-oriented and humanistic spirit, and evaluate changes to improve the nation's oral health.